Suzuki 450 ATV engine idles rough refers to when the Suzuki all-terrine vehicle’s engine runs poorly while out of gear or disconnected from a load. The following information details symptoms and possible causes as well as remedies you should follow if your Suzuki LT-R450 (LTR450) won’t idle correctly.
ENGINE IDLES ROUGH
- Cracked or damaged vacuum hose. Inspect hose and replace if necessary.
- Vales not seating correctly. Either replace or repair the valves.
- Damaged or defective valve guides. Replace with new guides.
- Worn down camshafts. Install new camshafts.
- Spark plug gap too wide. Adjust gap to factory specifications or replace. See repair manual for gapping specifications.
- Defective plug cap/ignition coil. Replace with new parts if needed.
- Defective crank shaft position (CKP) sensor. Use a multimeter to test sensor, replace if necessary.
- Defective throttle position (TP) sensor. Test sensor and replace if needed.
- Faulty fuel pump. Replace with a new unit.
- Cracked or damaged vacuum hose. Replace hose.
It’s highly recommended to use the downloadable repair manual when performing service and repairs to the Suzuki LT-R450. Additional information regarding engine idles poorly is included in the ebook.